What a Properly Sized AC System Means for Your Comfort
Some New Jersey homeowners may think that a bigger air conditioning system is better for managing their summer comfort. Conversely, other homeowners might believe that a smaller system will use less energy – so they save on cooling costs.
Here’s a trade secret: The best sized air conditioning system depends on the size of your home!
Air conditioning equipment that is too big or too small for a home will end up costing homeowners more when it comes to the upkeep of the equipment and annual energy bills. Here are just a few of the negative impacts an improperly sized cooling system can have:
Equipment that’s too small…
- Will run almost indefinitely as it’s unable to reach the temperature set by the homeowner
- Won’t be able to remove moisture from the air, leaving you with a humid home
- Will deliver very little or no airflow to the vents – typically prompting homeowners to further crank up the system.
Equipment that’s too big…
- Will work in quick bursts, cooling a home down too quickly to properly cycle, causing more wear and tear
- Drains more energy as it constantly starts up and shuts off more rapidly
- Leaves the home with uneven coverage, causing warm spots throughout the space
The answer to the cool comfort conundrum is a properly sized air conditioning system! Find your optimal level of comfort without spending more on energy and repair costs by ensuring your AC system is the right size for your home with Tomasso Bros.! Call or contact our sister company, Tomasso Bros. Energy, online to learn more.