Save Energy This Heating Season
It’s not a commonly known fact that the average home wastes as much as 10% of its home heating energy on easy-to-fix air leaks. However, we want our customers to know all about it! With that in mind, check out these simple DIY weatherization tips that can help your home retain heated air, and lower your heating costs.
- Remember to take down any window air conditioning units
- Caulk and weather-strip around doors and windows
- Cover your kitchen exhaust fan when not in use
- Install foam gaskets behind outlet and switch plates
- Check your attic hatch, plumbing vents, recessed lights and wiring holes for any additional air leaks, and apply a little bit of caulk to any holes ½” or less
In addition to these steps, you can save even further on heating costs with a heating system upgrade! New Jersey homeowners have enjoyed up to 40% savings on their home heating costs thanks to the enhanced efficiency of today’s modern heating equipment.
If you’d like even more advice on energy conservation or improving your home’s energy efficiency, contact Tomasso Bros. Energy and ask about how their home energy audits can help you this heating season! Speaking of the heating season, don’t forget to keep your tank full – order your discount heating oil online today!