Put Your Heating System to the Test!
The last thing any New Jersey homeowner wants to deal with is to turn on their heating system in a few months and find that it won’t deliver any heat! Luckily, there are steps you can take now to check your heating system and ensure it’s running properly and ready to go when you need it!
Follow these steps for testing your heating equipment…
- Turn up the heat at least five degrees higher than the current room temperature. A working heating system will spring into action in a minute or two, letting you know you’re ready to take on the winter! If it doesn’t turn on…
- Make sure the emergency switch and all other switches on the heating unit are on.
- Check for any blown fuses or tripped breakers. If necessary, replace any blown fuses or reset your circuit breaker.
- Check your tank gauge to see if there’s enough oil in the tank.
- If none of the above applies, find the reset button, which is usually located next to the burner. Do not press the reset button a second time under any circumstances.
If your heating system kicked on without a problem, then your home is ready for the winter. If your system didn’t start, it’s good that you know about it now! Be sure to contact our sister company, Tomasso Bros. Energy to have a technician inspect your equipment and get things back into working order.