Keep the Savings Coming with a Programmable Thermostat
One of the easiest ways to lower your home's energy bills is to upgrade your simple, on/off thermostats with programmable thermostats. Using a programmable thermostat to manage heat (or air conditioning) will automate energy savings by customizing a schedule that adapts to your family's routine. In the spirit of Earth Day on April 22, Tomasso Bros. Oil Online wanted to offer you these programmable thermostat tips to help reduce your carbon footprint, and lower your energy bills.
The U.S. Energy Star® program released these tips to help you maximize energy savings with your programmable thermostat.
- Install your thermostat away from heating or cooling registers, appliances, lighting, doorways, skylights, windows, and areas that receive direct sunlight or drafts.
- Keep the thermostat set at energy-saving temperatures for long periods of time, such as during the day when people are away from the home, and throughout the night.
- If you are going away on vacation, set the "hold" button at a constant energy-saving temperature.
- Try not to override the pre-programmed settings. This can result in increased energy usage and costs.
- Choose the model that best meets your needs. Programmable thermostats come with different program settings for different homes. Contact our sister company, Tomasso Bros. Energy to figure out the perfect thermostat for your needs.
Every day is Earth Day at Tomasso Bros. Oil Online! Contact us here for more energy saving conservation tips.