How You Can Improve Your Heating System’s Efficiency
You home heating system’s efficiency is important if you want to stay warm all winter without having to face rising heating costs. New Jersey homeowners can help bolster their heating system’s efficiency with the help of our sister company, Tomasso Bros. Energy. They can also take a few steps of their own to help!
Here are some steps you can take to save on heating costs…
- Clean or replace filters for your furnace at least once a month to maintain optimal airflow and comfort
- Keep warm-air registers, baseboard heaters and radiators from being blocked by furniture, carpeting, drapes or dust by keeping them clean and clear
- Inspect exterior vents, keeping them clear of debris and nests
- Keep the area around your outdoor condenser unit clear of sticks, rocks, leaves, ice, snow and other debris that accumulates over time
- Install and learn how to best utilize a programmable or smart thermostat to help save on energy costs
- Check and replace weather stripping and caulk around doors and windows to keep out cold drafts and keep in the warm air
Once you’ve done as much as you can from the list above, you can call or contact our sister company Tomasso Bros. Energy for even more help with improving your home’s heating efficiency with heating system upgrades and more.
And remember, for all of your heating oil fuel delivery needs, there’s no substitute for the quality heating oil and affordable prices that we offer at Tomasso Bros. Online! Create your account today or log in to get started.