Give Your Heating System a Test Drive!
New Jersey homeowners might have noticed that things seem to be cooling off, so we suggest they give their heating systems a ‘dry run’ in order to test the equipment and make sure that the heating equipment will work properly when they need it to.
Follow these steps now to test your heating equipment:
- Turn up the heat at least five degrees higher than the current room temperature. If it’s a clock thermostat, make sure the timer is set correctly or place it in “manual” mode. A working heating system will spring into action in a minute or two, letting you know you’re ready to take on the winter! If it doesn’t turn on…
- Check your switches! Make sure the emergency switch and all other switches on the heating unit are on.
- Check for any blown fuses or tripped breakers. If necessary, replace any blown fuses or reset your circuit breaker.
- Check the oil. Check your tank gauge to see if there’s enough oil in the tank.
- Push the “Reset” button ONE TIME ONLY. If none of the above applies, find the reset button, which is usually located next to the burner. Do not press the reset button a second time under any circumstances.
How did it go? If you still can’t get your heating system to turn on, give our sister company Tomasso Bros. Energy a call – they can help with any necessary repairs and getting your home ready for the winter. And don’t forget that Tomasso Bros. Online is your number one source for discount heating oil deliveries in New Jersey. Use our website to order your heating oil today!