Energy Saving Tips for Spring!
Spring cleaning gets all the attention during the springtime, but don’t miss out on the chances to improve your home’s energy efficiency, too! While you’re going room to room dusting, vacuuming and scrubbing, keep these energy-saving tips in mind:
- Clean or replace the air filters in your air conditioning system
- Update your windows and seal up any air leaks around the window frames
- Add insulation to attics, crawlspaces and anywhere else you can to keep the warm air out and the cool air in
- Use LED light bulbs for better lighting at a fraction of the energy costs when compared to incandescent light bulbs. LEDs also give off far less heat!
- Add weather stripping and caulk around door frames, and especially around your garage door
- Insulate your basement to keep cool air from escaping
- Make sure the ductwork in your home is in good repair
Keep your cool this spring and summer – and save on energy costs – by taking the proper steps! If you have any questions regarding your account or need assistance ordering your heating oil through our website, contact us online or call.