Conservation Tips to Help Reduce Your Energy Costs this Winter
Fuel prices are more volatile than ever, and you may be surprised by higher-than-expected energy bills this winter. However, there are several small changes you can make in your home to help reduce your energy consumption and costs. Tomasso Bros. Oil Online has years of experience providing innovative solutions to improve customers’ energy efficiency, saving them money! Before you turn on your heating system, here are a few conservation tips to consider:
- Close off rooms you don’t use – and remember to shut the vents inside.
- Lower the temperature of your water heater from 140 to 120 degrees. You can save between 3 to 5 percent in water heating costs for each 10-degree reduction. Or consider using a timer to turn your water heater off when not in use.
- Fix leaky faucets, especially hot water faucets. One drop per second can add up to 165 gallons per month – more than the average person uses in two weeks.
- Take showers instead of baths. A five-minute shower will use roughly 7.5 gallons of hot water; filling a bathtub can use up to 20 gallons.
- Use less water and use cooler water when doing laundry. The warm or cold water setting on your machine will generally do a good job of cleaning your clothes. Switching your temperature setting from hot to warm can cut a load’s energy use in half.
To find out the price of fuel in your area, check out the ‘Get Your Price’ feature on the home page. Tomasso Bros. Oil Online is an expert in home energy conservation and has been helping customers save on their energy costs for years. For additional information regarding conservation or our collection of services, contact us today.