Be Prepared for the Heating Season!
There’s still plenty of time to get things in order for the heating season, but taking care of some things now will lighten the load later on. Let’s take a look at some ways you can prepare your home in advance for the fall and winter seasons:
- Test your heating system to ensure that it runs
- Replace the air filters in your forced-air heating systems
- Check your fuel supply and make sure you’re topped off. And create your Tomasso Bros. Online account so you can order your next heating oil delivery when you need to
- Clean and inspect vents to ensure optimal airflow and comfort coverage
- Use weather-stripping and caulking around the frames of windows and doors
- Schedule your heating system tune-up with our sister company Tomasso Bros. Energy
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace the batteries as needed. If your home isn’t equipped with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, have them installed
Follow these steps and you’re well on your way to being ready for the heating season when it does eventually get here. In the meantime? Enjoy the rest of your summer! Call or contact us online if you have any questions about your existing account or creating a new one.